Friday, July 6, 2007

Cathy Lynn Loper


59 years ago today the world changed forever for me. An event that went unnoticed by the world.....as most do, but this event has changed the lives of many. I don't really know much about that day.......it must have been warm...it is July 6th. Fitting.......warmth and comfort have come to many.

She came from an interesting background....eccentric uncaring parents that baffle us to this day. But somehow it seems at times ......Or..... I have to wonder..... can anybody care more. Nights when I would try to fall asleep, she would come in and rub my back until my eyes would get heavy and sleep would finally invade my mind.


She saved me and my brothers from adversity time and time again....grabbing us and shaking in her gentle motherly way until we would come to our senses. Though the years as all three of us wandered aimlessly through life.......my father would wonder what he could do to get us on the right track............."Jim.......The lord will deliver." She would say. It is amazing to me, now, what faith she has. Nothing means more to her than her family, yet she would leave our fate in the hands of the Lord. Always knowing we would come around. Have we?


I often think of her living in a tiny military shack in Saint John....a young beautifull girl....following my father wherever he needed to go.



She could be doing so many other things now....whatever she wanted, but her priorities are still the same......they have never changed. She is a lover of her familly......caring and wanting to help.....giving more than she needs, but never asking for praise. She is a great lady.






I love you Mom



Happy Birthday

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful Timmy, just like your Mom. Thanks for sharing. She is a special lady and a great example for all of us parents.

Happy Birthday Cathy!

Anonymous said...

By the way, that is a cool photo of the Iceberg. Was that in their for the heck of it or is that a photo of St John?

tloper said...

Thanks Tan

That is a photo of Saint John....A racer from Sunnyvale, Dan Martin, Grew up there and had some photos on his blog that his uncle recently sent him. My parents have allways said, looks nice, not a good place to live.