Wednesday, January 14, 2009

1-mile Solution Again

In response to Kim........

Unfortunately that is the way it is in newer Cities. They were built around the car and using it as transportation. Still, can you take one or two trips a week and make them with the bike, feet, bus, etc.......Oh my Gosh I actually suggested that somebody could use the bus. I have to admit I have used the bus a couple of times hear in Fresno. It is interesting.

You are right. Convincing the general public to do this is very hard. Most people think it is crazy to ride a bike in Fresno. It is either too hot or too cold or too far or too something or other. The only place in town where it is different is the Tower and Fig Garden. The other day I saw a couple I would have never ever imagined riding bikes anywhere, all dressed up riding their bikes to the village to have dinner.....it was refreshing to say the least....

One or two trips a week? It can have a huge difference in a lot of things

Ride your bike....a lot. It changes your perspective on things. It is amazing how much better I feel at work when I go there by bike......different attitude, mindset, experience.

Anyway......Just ride your Bike....

Bikes Rule.....

One or two trips a week?

No comments: