Monday, May 19, 2008

Bike = Freedom

Why is it that when I get on my Bike I feel free? Everything fades away, all the crap, all the pressure, all the junk; it all falls to the side. I can let all the stuff fall away, like a butterfly shredding it’s cocoon and stretching out it’s wings for the first time. Floating away….

Makes me feel like a kid. I have been riding since I was 12 and I guess my mind and my subconscious revert back to the days when life had no worries. Get out of school and jump on the bike and just ride tell dusk.
Roll out to the park and take it all in. Back when the Berg was a different place. North of Herndon didn’t exist, and you rode through fields forever to get to Copper and Willow. Fruit orchards and sheep pastures. Now its houses as far as the eye can see. Back then Bubblegum was a dinky old two lane road with uneven pavement and no bike lane.

Anyway……Clip in and spin those pedals. Wind against your face cleansing the soul and washing the crap of the world away for just that little bit of the day…….shredding the hardened shell formed by dealing with the world from 8 to 5.


Free…..Like a kid. Like that kid hidding under the dark corners of adulthood waiting to be set free.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen.

Cathy Loper said...

I love you Tim---more than you can ever comprehend.