Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Figuring on Figuring

Sometimes I wish I was lazy. Content with sitting on my butt watching some TV on saturday. Growing my belly and swinging golf clubs every once in a while. Life would be easier, less frustrating. Instead we are always pushing the time schedule, trying to fit it all in.

I wish I was happy sitting at my desk typing away and planning projects, but the mind always seems to wander to free time and bike rides and doing fun stuff with the Kids and Tracy and all the other things in life that I would like to accomplish. It is a very long list.

I start doing something and before you know it I am obsessed (Unfortunately this never really happens with work. I try, but I just can’t seem to get that wrapped up in it). Thinking, plotting, planning, trying to get better and better. I imagine myself pushing it as hard as I can, doing better and better, but reality always hits, and when I find myself going overboard I get shocked back to reality because it starts to take its toll on the family. Time to take a step back.

What makes it doubly hard is that Tracy is the same way. We both do the same thing, thinking about getting back to that top level of fitness. Honing our skills. Climbing, biking, skiing, whatever, it is always the same.

Need to find some sort of balance. Push, pull, push, pull...

Why is it so hard just to go for a ride and have fun, and let that guy go up the road. Nope, got to chase. Is he still there? Only a couple guys left on the wheel.....I shake my head and get pissed, come on Tim...just ride, have fun. Its a hard thing to do. I guess for me, that is fun.

Life is about learning a lesson, constantly expanding our perspectives, changing, shaping ourselves. Trying to make ourselves better people.

I can spend all day beating myself up, or......just learn to live with the fact that I am still learning.

Let today’s lesson begin

1 comment:

Tingey Family said...

Tlope-
Well, I just had a nice catch-up on blog reading, back to the Anniversary mtn bike session at Squaw Leap. Man you've got my mind racing with thoughts of home...and riding...and life. Anyway, you know I can relate with most of what you are saying and it's good to know many of us still share the same physical, psychological and emotional stuff. Cheers, Tan Man