Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dreaming


Last night I had a dream about flat tires. Goat heads, those little evil beast. Hard as nails. I know when that happens I have been thinking about riding too much.



We got back from our trip and I have been on the bike quite a bit. The itch, the pestering, nagging feeling, the need to get up at 4:20 am and get on the bike. After a couple weeks the feeling is coming back and I can see the group slowing coming back to me as the I log more miles. Non conventional, no training plan, no tech gadgets, no feeling of quilt when I push the pedals a little too hard. Just riding with the boyz and girls. Sprinting at the Stop Ahead sign. Tricking Beers by going early.

I miss Bike racing…..I can feel it.


I can feel it. Like a kid


I rode 7 days in a row last week and on Wednesday I was so hungry the list of things I ate would run a mile. Eat, feel tired, eat some more….then eat again. Hunger that never goes away. I imagine that it is like a construction site running 24 hours a day with a never ending supply of manual labor, you need to keep the building materials coming or bad things start to happen. Eat, go to bed hungry then wake up starving. Eat some breakfast and then by 9:30 I am rifling through the fridge in the office kitchen looking for the left over rice from lunch last week.
I don’t really need to set my alarm anymore; I just wake up at 4:30 now. It is amazing how your body works.

2 comments:

styler said...

the itch for racing never leaves. You will nock one out in the comming months and then you will be hooked once again. Hope your trip to Ireland was safe and fun. Say hi to tracy and the boys for us.

dkimbo said...

It's good to have you out again on T&TH Mornings....