Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Thanks Y'all

I wanted to take a minute to say Thanks to all the folks out there who have taken the time to offer help, and provide support in so many ways. All the comments have been an inspiration to Tracy by just letting her know that her peoples are out there thinking about her.

She is doing well and improving everyday. She can get around fairly well with the walker or crutches and can get herself in and out of bed, in the words our of youngest Reed, "by her own self." The pain gets better everyday, and she says that now she can feel where the multitude of screws were placed in her pelvis.

It has been a week since the surgery and we still have a long way to go, but with improvement comes confidence and encouragement. On a side note, I am trying to get the before and after x-rays to show y'all the stainless steel bling-bling hardware. Stay tuned, hopefully this week.

On the Lighter Side

Finn started Kindergarten yesterday. We had been talking to him all weekend about it, and how he was going to meet his new teacher Mrs. Schnieder and learn how to read. All I have to say is parking was a bitch, had to walk a freaking mile. We were on time though.

Finn was apprehensive and didn't want to get out of the car, but with a little coaxing he walked the lonely mile to Gibson Elementary. The school has a great feel, and community atmosphere. PTA, parent volunteers, school tee-shirts, and all that cool kid stuff.

With all that has been going on, I haven't really had time to reflect on the magnitude of this day, the end and beginning of corresponding eras. The start of Finn's formal education (if you don't count pre-school). How will this experience shape him, and what influences will this have on him?

Interesting question.

I think back to what I remember about K-school. Fuzzy, hazy pictures come into my head. One stands out clear as a bell. This girl sitting next to me took a pee while sitting in the chair. I have to say.....that moment shaped who I am today. I keep reminding myself at work.....don't pee in your chair, don't pee in your chair.

I asked Finn how his day was.

"Daddy.......I missed you today."

"I missed you too"

He goes on to say in a quick, shrug the shoulders, turn and go play sort of way.

"I didn't learn how to read!"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Finn on your first day of Kindergarten. Joad, Eliot, Gary and I thought of you a lot. Joad is going to ask you all sorts of questions about Kindergarten I'm sure. Maybe when we come visit you next time, you can show Joad where your school is. A big hug to our favorite Kindergartener Finn!!!

Denise said...

You are a very strong and beautiful family......

Melissa said...

Tracy, Tim, Finn and Reed!!!!
With my morning's coffee (no cream here either Tim) I read this!!!! Tracy, my thoughts and prayers are with you. You are one of the strongest women I know...you will beat this! Let me know if we can help.

dkimbo said...

Tim,

I swear I was just dropping my oldest Daughter off to Kindergarten....Yesterday I dropped her off as a freaking Freshman in HS...Savor every moment bro. Your love for your family rocks!! Great to hear of the progress on Tracy.

Shalom

GK said...

Go Finn!!!! Don't worry you'll learn how to read soon enough!!! It's really nice to read about your progress Trac, stay strong and rejoice in the love your family and friends have for you!!! Tim you're a exceptional human being it's so nice to hear your story. You should be a writer!!! Your love for your family is clear! I'll talk to you soon Trac, you must be going stir crazy! I think of you often and am sending good vibs! ~Love Kir

The Kliewers said...

Tim, bro what i want to know is...what the heck are you doing typing on your computer at 5 freakin o'clock in the morning? You're so superhuman that you don't even need to sleep? How do you do it? See you soon. Peace & Love to you and yours.
ck

Jennifer said...

Tim and Tracy,
Thanks to Alicia Haro, I JUST heard about your accident....you are in my thoughts and prayers every minute!!! This is redundant, but Tracy I am confident you will show those Orthos and PT's a thing or two by healing much faster than they predict. You are very strong and determined, not to mention an athlete....no problem. I wish I lived closer to help with more than just words. I will be in Fresno in 2 weeks....I will call to see if you need anything; conversation, reading material, food, pictures, or just to keep your kids entertained so you can rest and heal...anything!
Love,
Jennifer Franzia

monk said...

Tim & Tracy-

I just found out about the accident last weekend, so, so sorry to hear about it. Thanks for keeping us all posted on Tracy's progress and if you guys need a voice of encouragement, a shoulder to lean on, whatever..I've been there, feel free to call on me.
I'm sure David can totally relate to all you're going thru Tim.

Best wishes and keep the positive energy flowing.

Monica Neilson

Laura Bell Way said...

Go Finn! Griffin started Kindergarten on August 22nd- and each day it seems to get easier to say goodbye at the door. However, he does not like getting up early! We are thinking of you and send our love- so glad to know Tracy is able to move around by her own self! xo